San Jose is a city that has a lot to offer. Here are some recommendations of things to do in San Jose, including restaurants, bars and attractions.
1. Visit one of the many museums: With at least 10 museums within less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) from each other, you could visit almost all of them within one day – if you don’t get distracted by any of the other attractions that are listed here.
2. Experience the Vida Sofia San José Quetzaltenango Language Exchange Group meetup : Enjoy meeting and engaging with native speakers in a friendly setting over drinks! Everyone is welcome – free event every Monday night! When: Mondays at 7pm Where: Paseo Colon 8677-5298 3. Take a stroll through the Parque La Sabana and visit the Museo de Arte Costarricense: Enjoy some of Costa Rica’s history and beauty with a relaxing stroll in one of it’s largest parks. The museum also features an impressive collection that includes many famous Costa Rican artists like: Francisco Amighetti, Claudia Bernal, Alberto Cañas Escalante, Carolina Echeverri, Rodrigo Guinzburg (Tico), Marcos Loyola (Tico), Manuel de la Cruz Moya “el chino”, Andrea Vargas and Pablo Max Urbina.
4. See a movie at the Cinemark Movie Theater: Watch blockbusters to documentaries on their state-of-the-art screens with digital surround sound. 5. Have a picnic at Parque Morazán: Enjoy the city’s green space and natural beauty on one of it’s many shaded benches while taking a break from your busy schedule.
6. Visit Malls: San Jose has some of the best shopping malls in Central America where you can find most (if not all) of your favorite international brands like Zara, Forever 21, Banana Republic, Lacoste and others – along with local stores and kiosks selling traditional souvenirs like hammocks or coffee beans. There are several options throughout the metro area including Multiplaza Escazu near Santa Ana , Multicentro Las Americas near Escazu , Plaza Cariari near Curridabat or the newest and largest shopping mall in Costa Rica: Multiplaza Pacific Mall on Paseo Colon.
7. Visit one of San José’s many parks: With more than 80 public parks within the city alone, there are plenty of options for outdoor activities like kite flying, sunbathing, jogging or simply strolling around to admire the various sculptures and monuments scattered throughout too! 8. See a play at Teatro Nacional: Watch an impressive performance by top local and international performers at this very beautiful theatre located in Parque Morazán.
9. Play Golf: San Jose has several championship golf courses designed by professional players that welcome both members and tourists alike to enjoy their expansive courses and practice facilities.
10. Take a photo with the statue at Parque de la Mariposa: It’s one of San Jose’s most iconic landmarks – you have to try and find it yourself!
11. Take a free Walking Tour of San José: Discover the history and culture of downtown with a walking tour led by local students from the University for Peace. Tours are available in both English or Spanish every Saturday at 10am.
12. Visit an entertainment center : Relax and enjoy various activities like bowling, go karts, billiards and arcade games while drinking some beer or enjoying one of their tasty dishes! Options include Acuarela Arcade & Billiards on Los Yoses Ave between Emilio Jimenez and Joel Martinez, Cueva de Nerko Entertainment Center on 5th Avenue near Av 14 or Space Bowling Lanes on 1st Avenue between 19th & 21st Streets in Barrio Mexico .